While I was helping out at another library, I stumbled across this cute little book. The pulp-fiction-y looking cover initially drew me and and seeing that it held a collection of short stories eventually sold me on checking this book out. Later that day, I'm sitting in my comfy chair, ready to dive into different worlds through these stories and I'm met with something that was trying to be "avant garde." The stories did not make any sense nor would I call them stories. They were more like little snippets of something much longer that I either missed the beginning or ending of. I would even classify some of these stories as poems due to how short some of them were. I almost gave up on it several times but I just kept telling myself that this will add to my book challenge. If you're into stories that don't really make sense, that have nothing to say, or that are just plain weird, I would recommend it. Other than that, I'd find something else to read.
I'm giving this book 1 Mrs. Mia Wallace out of 5...
Happy reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment